Saturday, April 30, 2016

For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union

 (this is from the Book of the Law, but there is no doubts what these are the words of Kamakhya Herself): 


[Devi says]: Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind  nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby  there cometh hurt...But whoso availeth in this, let him be the chief of all!

...Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous  one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign?
- So she  answered him, bendingdown, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant, her lovely hands upon the  black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest!  And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body. 

Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of  Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one  of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not  of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!



None, breathed the light, faint &  faery, of the stars, and two.  For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as  nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.  For these fools of men and their woes care not thou at all! They feel little; what is, is balanced by weak  joys; but ye are my chosen ones.  Obey my prophet! follow out the ordeals of my knowledge! seek me only! Then the joys of my love will  redeem ye from all pain. This is so: I swear it by the vault of my body; by my sacred heart and tongue; by  all I can give, by all I desire of ye all. 
...The word of Sin is Restriction. O man! refuse not  thy wife, if she will! O lover, if thou wilt, depart! There  is no bond that can unite the divided but love: all else is a curse. Accursed! Accursed be it to the aeons! Hell.  Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.  Do that, and no other shall say nay.  For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect. The Perfect and the Perfect are one Perfect and not two; nay, are none! 

...I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice. My incense is of resinous woods & gums; and there is no blood therein: because of my hair the trees of Eternity. 
My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us. The Five Pointed Star, with a Circle in the Middle, & the circle is Red. My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I have a secret glory for them that love me. 
But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest  mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a  little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather go ods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich  jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in spendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich  headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me! 
At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say -- and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple -- To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant. 
Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you! 
I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky. 
To me! To me! 

3 comments:

  1. Liber Al vel Legis is really inspired shakta sacred text, thanks for sharing.This book inspired me for years.

    Jai Maa Kamakhya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that my interests are quite similar to yours ^^
      I am a disciple of Guruji and after his passing away a year ago had internal urge and inspiration to make this blog.

      Body of this blog consists of His teachings/writings. But I am gradually adding some articles in the menu that correspond with His teachings.

      Regards

      Delete
  2. My only hope that all this material will deepen your understanding and Recognition of Divine :)

    As revered Abhinavagupta said in his Tantraloka [4.86]

    evaṃ yogāṅgamiyati tarka eva na cāparam
    antarantaḥ parāmarśapāṭavātiśayāya saḥ

    "Among the various mechanisms of yoga only has power - comprehension, that consistently penetrates deeper and deeper."

    ahiṃsā satyamasteyabrahmacaryāparigrahāḥ |
    iti pañca yamāḥ sākṣātsaṃvittau nopayoginaḥ || 4-87 ||

    tapaḥ prabhṛtayo ye ca niyamā yattathāsanam |
    prāṇāyāmāśca ye sarvametadbāhyavijṛmbhitam || 4-88 ||

    "Five yama principles and 5 niyama principles, asanas and pranayama do not bring any benefit to Consciousness, they are simply external forms, which can not affect it"

    cittapralayabandhena pralīne śaśibhāskare || 4-89 ||
    prāpte ca dvādaśe bhāge jīvāditye svabodhake |

    "When the sun and the moon are absorbed as a result of
    dissolution of the mind [of a sadhaka] in the Shiva, the only and pure knowledge, then he/she achieves Bhaga"

    guruvākyaparāmarśasadṛśe svavimarśane |
    prabuddhe tadvipakṣāṇāṃ vyudāsaḥ pāṭhacintane || 4-100 ||

    "In reading [Kaula Granthas] and constant contemplation [of our true Nature], our Consciousness, harmoniously built by the words of our Gurudev, undoubtedly becomes awakened".




    ReplyDelete