Monday, April 25, 2016

Guruji's message on 2010


As many people are feeling hurt by my decision to retire from being a Peethadhipati at Devipuram, I wanted to share with you my reasons.

I have always done what I felt was the right thing to do in my life - whether resigning from a plush job in Bombay without consulting anyone; building a temple in the middle of nowhere; sharing my experiences of the erotic nature of the Goddess through her lovable nude forms in the Khadgamala, despite the public anger this generated; taking care of thousands of devotees by giving them mantras and taking on their karmas, all the while ignoring the effect it had on my health against the advice of family and well-wishers; or giving mantras to devotees on demand rather than giving only what I felt was good for them..

Now, having grown old, and having suffered three heart attacks, being operated upon thrice for those, I feel the right thing for both Devipuram and for me is to spend the rest of my life peacefully with my family, without taking on any further tensions. I wish to spend my time producing media for a course on teaching Sri Vidya, so as to make it available for all people instead of a selected few. Therefore, in accordance with instructions I received from Devi, I announced publicly that I am dedicating Devipuram to Sri Guru Padukas on Guru Purnima day, July 25, 2010.

It is our tradition to say "Sri Guru Sri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah" and not "Sri Guru Sri Padan Pujayami Tarpayami Namah." The ashram was built by me under Her actual supervision and at the direction of Her Padukas - one being Prakasha (Enlightenment) and the other being Vimarsa (Analysis). One paduka belongs to Sri Devi and the other paduka belongs to Shiva, who is our real guru. I also gave the mantra combining Sri and Guru - and called Sri Guru - to all those present at my Guru Purnima annoucement. It goes like this.

Ka e i la hrim Amrita-
Ha sa ka ha la hrim Ananda-
Sa ka la hrim Janani.


This can be recited 108 times, preferably in all 6 chakras.

It will connect you to Goddess Sri and Guru. It will heal you, bring prosperity and joy of living to you. This is the only mantra you will ever need.

The Sri Guru Padukas have been blessed by me, by my wearing them while a complete Navavarana Puja was completed. I have placed one pair at Devipuram, and another pair in my home. If anyone wants Sri Guru Padukas, they can get similar ones from the present Peethadhipati for installation in their own home. Henceforth, it will not be possible for people to do puja to me personally. But they can do the puja to the Sri Guru Padukas, offering the fruits of the puja to my feet personally for as long as I am alive. Once I am gone, the Padukas will continue to bless everyone. This is the tradition followed by every major peetham.

If I am unable to accommodate anyone who wishes to do personal puja to me, they should not feel that I have disowned them, or feel otherwise hurt by this decision. I am still their guru, except that personal pujas are not possible anymore. I request all people to have consideration for my age and health and understand my need to rest and spend time with my family, whom I have too often ignored over all these 30 years. If anyone is still hurt, I will apologise to them personally if given a chance.

Love,
Guruji.


No comments:

Post a Comment