Monday, April 25, 2016

Q&A about mantras


Q: When we consider and worship Devi as our Divine Mother(Sri Matre Namah), is it proper to ask the devi "can I see you nude", "can I place my seed in you" etc by showing the Dasamudras?

Guruji: Aren’t the baby and mother nude when birthing or feeding the baby?  Don’t confuse nudity with impurity.

Q Second on: When everything belongs to the creator, god or goddess, what is that we or I offer something to Him/Her during poojas/tarpanams/. Is it like taking money from my father and buying a gift for him?

Guruji: It is like buying a gift to yourself. The best gift is to remember your identity with the creator/creatrix.

Q: Praanapratishta Mantra- while doing the healing do you keep repeating the mantra or just say it once?

Guruji: Keep repeating till you feel the passing of energy.

Q: I would like to know other healing mantras. Presently I do the healing by invoking the Goddess within me, and once I feel the surge of golden energy, I start the healing.

Guruji: All mantras can be healing. Intention drives the elemental.

Q: the Vedic and Tantric mantra of Mahaganapathi- when do you say each of them? Also, what is the special quality of each?

Guruji: Tantric mantras are usually shorter. Vedic mantras don’t generally need a guru. Tantic mantras derive power from aliving guru.

Q: Few days back, just before meeting you I heard a strange humming sound around my inner ears. I was in a very calm state at that time. I was scared and had to come out to a noisy area to get rid of that noisy sound. I did not understand what was that, could you please tell me why it happenend to me ? How should have I handled it ?

Guruji: You could have continued with it. Kundalini awakening causes many such phenomena. Talk to a competent guru when in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment