Monday, April 25, 2016

Gayatri initiation


Q: Is Gayatri initiation (Upanayanam) meant only for men? If so what is the reason?
 
Guruji: Gayatri is for women and men. They used to wear what is called channaveeram, which is savya and apasavya both. That was their yajnopaveetam.
I have given Gayatri to so many women and girls; to muslims, to christians.
Brahmopadesam is for all. That is my belief; much more, I have put this belief in action.

 Q: What if you are wrong?

Guruji: I do not know how elevated I am; but I am just telling you what little I know. Please forgive my incomplete answers to your pregnant questions.
As Kalidasa says,
Puranmityeva na sadhu sarvam, na chapi kavyam navamityavadyam Santah parekshyaanyatarat bhajante, moodha para pratyayaneya buddhih.
I understand that Mother is of all, for all. Learned or ignorant; every one can worship Her in any way they know. She forgives Her children and leads them forward as She only knows how. Following these ideas, we say Meru, her symbol at the causal level, beyond the physical body level and vital kundalini level, is for all, irrespective of color, caste, or religion.
Don't believe me. I may be wrong, and usually I am wrong. Please assess for yourself its worth by studying Shakta Upanishads like for instance, Tripura tapini which discusses the relation between Gayatri and Sri Vidya extensively, in its mantric, yantric and tantic aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment