Thursday, April 7, 2016

What about service?




Guruji: Love is between two people usually; service is being in love with all. Service is much bigger than love. Love's center is myself. Having established that the person I am in love with is part of myself, service moves my focus into that person. In love, I pleasure myself, the focus is in me; in service I pleasure the other, my focus is in the other. It extends the concept of me into the other fully, so I become self-less. It is a parakaya pravesam. It puts my being into my lover; I am less in me and more in the other. Thus, only through service, I am able to see through my partner's eyes, think my partner's thoughts, work through my lover's hands.Service to society makes the universe as your partner.

It means you extend your being into family, society, nation, the globe. This is the power of service. Love brings pleasure; service brings power of a thousand minds, a thousand hands to you. So, love and service are the two wings to extend your presence into the world around you.

Being only a lover you have a little pleasure and a little getting into other, but no power to affect destiny; you just doubled yourself but you remained weak. You need to serve to become powerful. The combination of love and service makes you like God surely. Then everone will call you God, will pray to you, and no doubt you will grant their wishes. How? Because through service you have acquired the power to work through a thousand hands, think with a thousand heads coherently.

Love is the source. Service is its extension. Their combination gives synergy and energy. Love is the creative power of life. The combination of love and service is greater than the sum of its parts. This combination brings a new life of enlightenment as its by product. Love and service are the two wings for enlightenment. So, we choose to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment