Friday, April 15, 2016

Relaxation technique





Based on struggle, pain and need for approval, you have become used to giving automatic commands you have programmed yourself to obey. For example: It is time to wake up, I’ve got to go to work. Got to catch the train/bus.

Based on a level of helplessness, you develop an attitude: I can't get up, I can't get the job done, I can't cope, I can't catch the train/bus.

This attitude becomes resentment/revenge: I don't want to getup, I don't want to go to work. Damn the train/bus, I don't want to catch it. All these stem from basic beliefs you have formed about yourself and life: I DON’T DESERVE TO LIVE. I AM BAD, I HAVE SINNED, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME, MY LOVE HURTS PEOPLE, I WILL NEVER MAKE IT. These are your guilt-based primal laws, so deeply rooted, they seem FACTS. They limit your life. Now please allow me to show how they can be corrected.The method is to tell your subconscious in a relaxed state, the statements which correct the limiting primal laws. Make up your mind to do the following relaxation/reinforcement for forty days every day at the same time, preferably when you are fresh from sleep and not tired. It could be in the morning, or after a relaxing bath in the evening.

RELAXATION/REINFORCEMENT TECHNIQUE

Tense and relax every muscle in your body and try to remove any little pains in your body. Remember a cat shaking itself up before it settles down comfortably?
That is the way to do it. Sit with your buttocks on the edge of achair, keep your spinal cord straight Close your eyes. Relax and close your eyes, imagine that they are becoming heavy
 
Listen to the world of sound: around you, far, near and inside you. The sounds may be audible, or just vibrations, or energies going around invarious parts of your body. Spend five minutes like this. Now repeat the following three times: (since you can't read this with closed eyes, make a recording of this and listen, or have someone you love do this for you): (You are saying this in the mind; as you are saying. this statement is broadcast to the whole world, and hear it coming back to you as if the remotest corner is echoing it back to you)

I am perfectly happy, contented here and now.
I am being taken care of in every way.
I am connected to the infinite intelligence, power and love of God.
I am able to relax, take every situation in my stride. Relaxation helps my success.
I am divine and everyone recognises this.
I am perfect just the way I am made.
I express myself clearly and fully. What I say always hits the target.
I am beautiful, lovable, attractive to myself and others.
My love heals, does not hurt others. I am not responsible for others' misery.
As I create pleasure or pain in my life, so do others.
I am God’s gift to the world; the world is God’s gift to me.
I am always at the perfect place at the perfect time.
I belong here and now.
The world is my reflection.
I love the world; the world loves me.
I love and believe in myself.
The best part of me is my environment.
My one commitment in life is to enrich everyone around me.
 
Therein lies my progress. Love, Amritananda

1 comment: