Saturday, November 5, 2016

Prepare!


Prepare!
before the house gets on fire…

What is nectar?  Food eaten when really hungry.  What is the best bed? Hard floor after hard work. What is an impenetrable fort? Detachment from desires. What is sex? Enjoying beauty and play.
What is darkness?  Absence of light. What is ignorance? Absence of knowledge. What is hatred, immorality, corruption? Lack of love.
Why should I love others? Because it is one solution to many problems. Love prevents me from hurting my lover. I can remain calm without anger or thoughts of revenge. I can forgive my enemies. I can even forget me, mine and others. I can love myself. I can love everyone as well as I love my family members. Then the world I experience becomes my loving family. Our world will change drastically if everyone loves everyone. There can be no poverty, or hunger or hoarding because we love to share whatever we have. There can be no corruption because we are not seeking personal gains. There will be no need for defense because there can be no wars.
Ask these questions to a blade of grass! Listen to the following answers you get from them. 1.What is your name? What is a name? 2. What is the purpose of my living? To move happily. 3. How can I have better food? Food comes to me by itself. 4. better sex? What is sex? 5. better enjoyment? What is enjoyment? Isn’t life a joy? 6. How can I make more money? Water is my money. 7. Otherwise how will I fulfill such desires? Why do you need anything else? 8. Who will support me? I don’t know, but it comes wherever I am.  I can’t move. 9. How can I live after my death? What is death?  The answers will work for you too.
  Who are my guides? What do they teach me? 1. Tooth pick… to remove impurities in me 2. Rubber band…extend without breaking down when problems do confront me 3. Band aid….heal wounds made by others immediately without suffering or developing hatred on them. 4. Eraser…. erase mistakes I do. I should not criticize others who make mistakes like me. 5. Pencil….write the names and blessings I received from others. 6. Gemclip….keep us together without getting disorderly. 7. Teabag…. Give away all to the hot water, the lives of people around me.
How did one gram of a seed planted in 20 kilos of mud make 100 kilos of pumpkins? If you know, then you know that there is a great intelligence in the seed, mud and water. That intelligence shows that the big can come out of small. That the world can come out of you.
How can you know that the world came out of you? You can see or know only if you have consciousness. What is consciousness? It is the mirror reflecting you to yourself. Because you are the world, you see the world. When you stop seeing the world as different from you, and that you are all, then you know that you can make the world you want, that you have a free will like God, that destiny is what you can create. You also know that you are the only person to consult when a decision is to be made. That makes deciding an extremely simple process.

I was good all my life. Why did I not get a ticket to go on a luxury ship? There is a ring of protection around you because you were good. The ship’s name was Titanic.
A few take almost everything; all the rest take the remaining little. Examples: The human DNA takes everything; all the rest take a little. Mass production takes everything; production by masses only a little. Nuclear weapons can kill all, fist fights only some. A few who can get some attention through media can displace hundreds of thousands who cannot. A large dose of nonlinear luck makes a box office movie; it promotes big money for a small number of actors, displacing others who may have more talent. The movies and the team together make the actor, not the other way round. Inequity comes when someone who is marginally better or in position of power grabs the whole pie. The gurus who go on the media grab all the attention, the silent yogis none. Media can level a playing ground, but more often it creates unjust slopes.

-Sri Amritananda natha saraswathi

No comments:

Post a Comment