Saturday, November 5, 2016

Nudity and Desires: Suppression or expression?


Any kind of desire suppressed creates tension.
The more we suppress, the more the tension.
Over time, tension builds up to lack of patience,
anxiety, anger, hatred, and finally destructive violence.
This temple shows your subconscious desires to you openly.
Which you do not want to admit because society looks down on it.
You want to be known as not interested in desires.
So you suppress your deepest desires. For sex. For affection. For kindness.
Vested interests make money out of your suppressed desires by flesh trade.
There is another way. By looking on desire with respect and adoration.
As life's lovely expression. In calm contemplation of your own nature.
By converting lust into affection.
The nude goddesses here teach you precisely that.
Are they worried whether you laugh at them or look at their private parts?
They are saying, "look this is how I am. I have nothing to hide.
In God's creation, there is nothing impure, even the genital.
I am in tune with my nature. I love myself for being just what I am.
I love you. I love all living beings.
You don't have to love me. I still love you. My love has no conditions."
"I am the fresh lotus that opens up to the light of love.
You are the light. Even if you don't believe it now.
I tell you, your nature is divine. You are God.
And I am your Nature. Lovely, full breasted, caring, self offering.
I am yours. I am your nature. You think I am not yours. So you desire me.
I am unveiling myself, so that you can see your own nature.
I am the gate from which you came.
I am the gate through which you will realise that you are God."
"I want to teach you how to be kind, affectionate. If you allow me.
I share every thing I have with you. My most precious thing, even modesty.
I offer myself to you completely. All my powers to do good.
Power to think good thoughts. Power to speak them out. Power to do them.
I cant teach you how to be greedy, aggressive, angry or violent.
They do not belong to divine nature. They are human emotions.
There is no trading in love."
Do not think that these ideas are not our culture, that it is imported.
Our culture worships Kama, desire, as the third Purushartha.
This is not imported culture. What we import is exploitation, slavery.
We import titillating excitement and sensuality, not adoration.
Our own culture is supposed to worship and respect woman.
Especially if she is from low class. Like a washer woman or a tribal girl.
This is our tantric and vedic heritage.
It is our tradition to worship Siva Linga.
Siva Linga is the union of universal male with universal female.
We respect sex to take away its bad influences.
It is our tradition to worship Gayatri or any Devi.
Gayatri is the life giving power coming from the Sun.
She wakes you up every morning from sleep with Her life force.
Gayatri is a Vedic Goddess, accessible only to a few Brahmins.
However, Her tantric Devis here are accessible to all castes equally.
Brahmins worship Her with milk. Kshatriyas with ghee. Vysyas with honey.
Others with liquor. Brahmins offer Her vegetarian dishes and abstain from sex.
All other castes offer Her meat and engage in ritual sex on specific days.
Brahmins worship Her in a fire pit or in a Sri Chakra.
Sri Chakra is really a circle of devotees who are doing sadhana together.
Four males and five females together constitute one Sri Chakra.
Kaulas worship Devi in the genitals of females.
Choose your path according to your own inclinations.
We are with you.

Amrita

No comments:

Post a Comment